Trams in Dnipro: Difference between revisions

Content deleted Content added
History: By the end of 1897, two million people had been transported.<ref name="2365249dnipriretro"/>
m History: + reference
Line 22:
* Jordan str (Kotsyubynskyi str.) – Karaimska str (Shyrshov str);
* Catherine the Great ave. (Dmytro Yavornytskyi ave.) – Alexander str (Sichovykh striltsiv str) – Big Market str.
On 21 April 1906, an alternative tram network was opened in EkaterinoslawYekaterinoslav.<ref name="1000rozvitoksamovriaduvannia">{{in lang|uk}} [https://oblrada.dp.gov.ua/region/istoria-rozvitok-samovriaduvannia/ HISTORY AND DEVELOPMENT OF LOCAL SELF-GOVERNMENT], [[Dnipropetrovsk Oblast Council]]</ref> It was also based on 1000&nbsp;mm railway gauge. In 1918, the operating companies merged, as well as the tram networks. In 1931, the tram depot included 177 trams, and the network length reached 65&nbsp;km. On 6 November 1932, the tracks were converted from narrow gauge to Russian gauge. The conversion was completed by 1948.
 
In the years between 1970 and 1990, the rolling stock was changed for cars from [[ČKD]] Tatra. Later, the tramcars were also produced on the premises of Pivdenmash. By 1996, the rolling stock included about 400 trams, the overall ridership was 115 million passenger per year. By that time 19 tram lines existed.